I completed the book Leadership and Self-Deception – getting out of the box, written by The Arbinger Institute. Overall, Leadership offered practical concepts that could be beneficial in business and on the home-front.
The book immediately engages the reader with the main character, an executive who experiences challenges both on the job and at home. Each chapter reveals just how deep in the box people can go when they consciously choose to deceive themselves into believing they were not the cause of the problem.
By chapter three, I began an assessment of my life, personally and professionally, identifying areas in need of major transformation. Leadership and Self-Deception offers powerful solutions that transform the way you think, develop, and build relationships. I highly recommend Leadership and Self-Deception for your home office study or e-book reader.
My 3 Lessons Learned:
1. Relationships rule – a well-respected colleague once told me – if you want your business to flourish, spend more time developing an emotional connection with your clients. Learn their habits and be ready to deliver solutions when the need arises. They will appreciate your forward thinking approach to meeting their needs.
2. Accepting ownership – blaming others for the mishaps in your life will get you no where. Instead, take a personal assessment of yourself. Document the things you’ve done wrong first and accept ownership of it. Then immediately document the things you’ve done right. Life happens, mishaps occur, own it and keep leaning forward.
3. Empower others – there is nothing more motivating than when someone you know and respect tells you just how awesome you are. Identify the unique qualities in your people and acknowledge just how invaluable they truly are.
Learn more about The Arbinger Institute or to buy your copy of Leadership and Self-Deception – getting out of the box, head over to:
About the Author: Victoria M. Parham is a (retired) army wife, Army veteran, talk radio host, and Career Strategist. Propelling people to reach their greatest career potential.
"Before you can conquer the Enemy on the Outside - you must first dominate the Inner-Me on the Inside. - Quote by Victoria Parham.
In addition to Life Coaching, Victoria also serves as an online trainer for her growing list of Self-Help Courses.She is the Motivation Gatekeeper for her online Dream BiGGeR eStore, your one stop motivational shop for ebooks, audiobooks, and videos.
Victoria resides in Virginia with her husband Andre and two of them get a real kick out of spoiling their grandchild.
Learn more about Victoria, by viewing the About Me section.
Latest posts by Victoria M. Parham
- 40 Creative Ways I Use the Galaxy Note 8 for my Business and Personal Life - September 23, 2017
- Motivational Video – How to Live With Purpose | Lisa Nichols - September 5, 2017
- Credit Report and Finances – Tips for Military Retirees - February 28, 2015