Insider’s Guide to Personal Storytelling in Business
Course Level – Beginner – Introductory
Course Type – Self-Paced
Storytelling – Insider’s Guide to Personal Storytelling in Business teaches students how to maximize their personal storytelling techniques to captivate and engage their audience.
Why share a personal story in business?
Contrary to popular belief, most people, no matter what business industry they’re in, find it very challenging to connect with their audience. They struggle with getting their audience to engage and to listen to what they are saying.
People who can genuinely connect with their audience are able to capture and hold their attention from beginning to end. Once they are able to establish an emotional connection, it’s far easier for the storyteller to persuade the audience to take the next step.
The course is designed for the Beginner / Novice who wants to build their confidence and increase their skill of story selection and delivery.
Personal stories allow the speaker to connect with their audience in a way that they can relate to.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be issued a Certificate of Completion.
INCLUDED WITH THIS COURSE:
- Course Summary Checklist
- Courses Lessons
- Downloadable Digital Course Materials, Incl: Workbook
- Tops Tips & Mistakes Cheat Sheet
- Course Certificate of Completion
- Course Message Forum
- Course Quiz
Who is this target audience for this course?
Life Learners new to personal storytelling in business & want to build confidence for on & off camera presentations.
Life Learners who are passionate about telling stories that will make a greater impact.
Life Learners reticent about public speaking & want to improve
Life Learners whose presentations fail to drive the results they desire to achieve
Life Learners who want to become a fantastic presenter
• You will need Adobe Acrobat to Open/View PDFs
• You will need internet access. Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari are preferred browsers to open links to interactive lessons
• Speakers or Headset
• Telephone for Telewebinar Training/ Workshop (Only)
- Lectures 6
- Quizzes 1
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 273
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
Personal Storytelling in Business
Storytelling is universal and has existed since the beginning of human history. Yet in business, we often forget to tell our stories and this is a shame, because stories are one of the best ways to connect with customers and encourage them to take action. In business, we often focus on objective data, facts and figures, product features, charts, technology and engagement through social media. However, storytelling reaches people on an emotional level. Stories communicate to the listener exactly what you do and what you stand for. Therefore, it’s essential to craft compelling stories, both about yourself and your business.
- Course Introduction
- Course Introduction Assignment – Course Workbook Downloads and Learning Activity
- Lesson One: The Different Types of Personal Stories
- Lesson One – Assignment No. 1 – Learning Activity
- Lesson Two – Writing Your Story
- Lesson Two – Writing Your Story Assignment – Learning Activity
- Lesson Three – Tell Your Story
- Lesson Four – Opportunities to Tell Your Story
- Lesson Four – Opportunities to Tell your Story – Assignment – Learning Activity
- Lesson Five – Conclusion and Next Steps
- Lesson Five – Assignment – Learning Activity
- Course Quiz – True & False