How to Develop an Inspired Mindset for Success
Imagine for just a moment, a woman in a prison. She has been ordered to serve a long-term sentence and will live a good portion of her life in prison. What can possibly motivate her to believe that her life can be better? What does she have to look forward to in her life?
Now, this example is a bit exaggerated but keep reading because today, I am talking about your mindset and how too often, people imprison their own minds through negative self talk as well as a negative way of thinking.
Now consider your mind, your thoughts, and how often you place limitations on areas in your life that have the greatest possibility for success. All to often, people become prisoners of their own thoughts and over time, they end up with deep regret. Regret for not doing the the very thing(s) they were destined to do.
How can you develop an inspired mindset for success when you are in a state of regret?
Through Inspiration –
‘Inspiration’ – the process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, especially to do something creative.
When you are uninspired and have no goals, you feel alone and helpless.
The first step to developing an inspired mindset would be to discover stories of people who overcame adversity, challenges, setbacks, and difficulties that ultimately led victory. This one task will begin the process of transformation of your mind (how you see things).
Your beginning – does not have to be your end, one setback, does not have to become a life sentence. You come to understand that adversity ultimately creates internal strength, hope, it opens your mind and eyes to the possibility that your life can and will become better.
- Start with a realistic plan of action.
- Focus on what needs to be done, be creative in your approach and flexible in your journey.
- Connect with people who are genuinely invested in your success.
- Arm yourself with the internal grit to overcome obstacles – come hell or high-water your mindset is Set on Winning.
Break the cycle of talking yourself out of achieving greatness in your life. Believe that you can do it and just do it!
Cheers to a new Mindset for Success!
Latest posts by Andrea Parham
- Appreciation for Yourself and for What You Have – Appreciation for Life - October 30, 2017
- How to Develop an Inspired Mindset for Success – Growth and Development - October 23, 2017
- Inspiration Through Work – Are You Passionate about The Work You Do? - October 18, 2017